Custom Converted Products for EMI ShieldingElectromagnetic interference (EMI) is caused by natural and manmade sources including lighting, computer circuits, brush motors, solar flares, mobile devices, cellular networks, hospital diagnostic equipment, and numerous other sources. The interference disrupts electronic devices, equipment, and systems, resulting in issues ranging from temporary disturbances to complete system failure. There are also “intentional” sources of EMI, also known as electronic warfare, that are a threat to military applications.
EMI shielding products contain magnetic or conductive materials that create a barrier to reduce and block electromagnetic fields. These products are typically applied to components inside an electronic device to isolate the interference. Examples of materials used in EMI shielding applications include conductive silicones, particle-filled elastomers, and metal screens, wires, and foams.
Fabri-Tech manufactures numerous multi-function, custom converted products that are completely customizable to meet your requirements. Our wide range of materials and extensive production capabilities make it easy for us to meet the needs of almost any project.
Custom Converted Products for EMI Shielding Applications
Fabri-Tech understands EMI shielding technology and the importance of having shielding products that are not only customized to your application but meet standards for EMI emissions. Our team will work with you to assess the application environment and determine which products and materials will provide the best protection for your electronic devices.
We provide custom converted products for a multitude of EMI shielding applications including military, aerospace, medical, industrial, transportation, and any other application involving electronic devices. Our product offering includes:
- Protective Films – Our custom protective films are made to fit small and large screens and are used by industries including electronics, automotive, telecom, and medical. They protect products during assembly and provide anti-scratch, anti-static, or anti-glare purposes, as well as many others. Our protective films provide excellent clarity and are UV resistant, chemical resistant, and remove easily without leaving behind residue.
- EMI Gaskets – Electromagnetic interference can cause significant problems for all types of electronic equipment including cell phones, medical devices, and A/V components. Our EMI shielding gaskets will help protect your devices from electromagnetic interference and protect users from any potentially harmful emissions your devices may generate. They can be fabricated from rigid metal or flexible mesh and elastomers based on your sealing requirements.
- Handheld Device Gasketing – Our handheld device gaskets keep dust, moisture, and other contaminants from entering handheld devices by creating a tight seal between the interior and exterior components. These gaskets can also be customized for RFI and EMI shielding applications to shield handheld electronic devices and users from the effects of interference. No matter the function, Fabri-Tech’s handheld device gaskets are fully customizable to meet your needs.
- Insulators & Fabrics – Our insulators and fabrics provide insulation from noise concerns, extreme temperatures or environments, vibration, EMI/RFI interference, electrical concerns, and other nuisances. Our electric insulating material and EMI shielding fabric can be customized to the exact shape, dimensions, and thickness you require.
- Seals & Gaskets – Fabri-Tech has the capabilities to create electronic device seals with a broad range of useful and/or protective attributes including preventing contaminant infiltration, blocking electromagnetic interference, filling gaps for improved thermal transfer, and more. Materials used to create seals and gaskets include foam and various types of elastomers.
We Use Premium Quality Materials from the World’s Leading Manufacturers
The effectiveness of EMI shielding techniques is highly dependent upon the quality of your materials. At Fabri-Tech we use nothing but top-quality base materials to produce our custom converted products, parts and components. We utilize Nitto and TESA adhesive technologies, 3M products, and materials from some of the world’s leading manufacturers in our printing, converting, configuring, laminating, and other production processes. By utilizing these top-of-the-line materials we can produce Fabri-Tech’s superior line of products.
Our Products Are Customized to Your Exact Specifications
Each of our custom converted products is created to meet our customers’ exact specifications. We will work with you to design the perfect solution for your product’s unique requirements. Whether you need an EMI gasket for your smartphone design, custom insulation to protect tablet computers from electrical shorts, or any other specially designed component, Fabri-Tech can produce the custom converted products, parts, and components your devices need to function at peak performance levels.
No matter the dimensions, materials, or end function(s) required, we can make your design a reality. There is no limit to what we can manufacture. Even though we create totally custom converted products, parts and components, you won’t have to pay steep “custom” prices. All our parts and components can be manufactured at competitive prices.