Supplier Code of Conduct
Fabri-Tech is committed to ethical, legal, and socially responsible business practices, and we hold our suppliers to the same high standards. This Code of Conduct defines the basic supplier requirements concerning responsibilities towards employees, stakeholders, and the environment. Fabri-Tech reserves the right to reasonably change the requirements of this Code of Conduct at any time.
Fabri-Tech expects its suppliers to respect the basic human rights of employees, including:
- Promoting equal opportunities for and treatment of its employees irrespective of skin color, race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, political or religious conviction, sex, marital status, or age
- Respecting the personal dignity, privacy, and rights of each individual
- Refusing to employ or make anyone work against his or her will
- Refusing to tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees such as mental cruelty, sexual harassment, or discrimination
- Prohibiting behavior including gestures, language, and physical contact that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive, or exploitative
- Providing fair employment remuneration and benefits that meet or exceed legal requirements
- Complying with the maximum number of working hours laid down in the applicable laws
- Prohibiting the employment of workers under the age of 15 OR, in those countries subject to the developing country exception of the ILO Convention 138, to employ no workers under the age of 14
Health and Safety
Fabri-Tech suppliers will take responsibility for the health and safety of employees by:
- Controlling hazards and taking the best possible precautionary measures against accidents and occupational diseases
- Providing training and ensure that employees are educated in health and safety issues
- Having an implemented system for injury and illness reporting
Corruption and Bribery
Fabri-Tech suppliers will not tolerate any form of and will not engage in any form of corruption or bribery, including any payment or other form of benefit conferred on any government official for the purpose of influencing decision making in violation of the law.
Fabri-Tech suppliers will comply with the laws, codes, and/or regulations of the applicable legal system(s).
Fabri-Tech suppliers will act in accordance with the applicable statutory and international standards regarding environmental protection to minimize environmental pollution and make continuous improvements in environmental protection. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials
- Monitoring, controlling, and treating wastes produced from operations
Fabri-Tech suppliers will responsibly source minerals by:
- Having a policy that assures products containing tantalum, tin, tungsten, and gold are not directly or indirectly financing or benefiting armed groups that are perpetrators of serious human rights abuses in the Democratic Republic of Congo and adjoining countries
- Conducting due diligence on the source and chain of custody of these minerals and make their due diligence measures available to customers upon request
Fabri-Tech suppliers will:
- Use best efforts to promote among suppliers compliance with this Code of Conduct
- Comply with the principles of non-discrimination with regard to supplier selection and treatment
- Protect individual property rights
Fabri-Tech reserves the right to assess and monitor suppliers’ practices regarding this Code.